At Levelset, we’re all working to make complex things simple, and that’s because we believe simple things are more fair and empowering than complicated things. In construction, one of the globe’s biggest industries, the payment process is over-complex. We’re building an ecosystem around payment that connects builders, subcontractors, suppliers, developers, banks, and others in the exchange of payment. It solves a headache. It strives to make complicated things simple, to save everyday people time and stress. And ultimately, it shines a light on a very unjust and messy process, making it more fair and transparent for all.
We’re a high-growth technology startup with offices in New Orleans, Louisiana, and Cairo, Egypt, and we’re in the exciting construction technology category. We have San Francisco venture investors, like Brick & Mortar Ventures and Altos Ventures. We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems, and we have a mountain of opportunity for you.
Are you ready?
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineers, software testing engineers, product/project managers, to deploy and operate our systems. Your role will also include helping automate and streamline our operations and processes. You will build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Design, implement, and maintain our CI/CD pipelines for various customer facing and internal systems.
- Automate provisioning of production, testing, and staging environments provisioning and setup.
- Maintain the uptime and availability of production systems.
- Design, implement, and maintain monitoring strategies and tools for our important metrics.
- Design, implement, and maintain backup/restore strategies and tools.
- Capacity planning.
- Technical tasks prioritization
- Production troubleshooting, support and problems’ root cause analysis
- 5-10 years of DevOps/Development experience
- Strong background in Linux administration.
- Strong bash/shell scripting knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of the full web stack.
- A working understanding of code and scripts in PHP and Python.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services. Experience with AWS is a must.
- Strong experience with RDBMS specially MySQL.
- NoSQL, Graph, Key/value data storage knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in full-stack web development is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins and/or Bamboo).
- Experience in Docker.
- Experience with message brokers/queues is a huge plus.
What We Offer:
We are passionate about software engineering, and building beautiful software products using advanced technologies and efficient development workflows. Our goal is to become the most attractive software employer in Cairo, through investing in our team’s skills and wellbeing and challenging everyone to build awesome software. Our office is in a quiet neighborhood in Degla, Maadi, surrounded by relaxing green scenery visible through our many windows. Below are highlights of standard company benefits
- Competitive compensation packages
- Housing and rent allowance in Maadi
- Highest tier social insurance and local health insurance
- Partial international health insurance
- Flexible and open leave policy
- Flexible working hours
- Wellness program and incentives
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
However, what we really offer is not all that, it’s the chance to be on a rocket-ship! It’s the chance to work on top-tier challenging problems with a team of outstanding players and grow your skills in an awesome working environment that makes a real difference in good people’s lives!
Are you up for the challenge?
Read more about why being on a rocket ship is the best of your career options from Levelset’s CEO here.
Powered by JazzHR