Under direct supervision, performs advanced accounting functions through analysis of operating statistics and/or financial data; prepares complex reconciliations and various project related financial reports; works with other departments as needed to establish reporting requirements for month end closing.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Assists in supervising the preparation of journal entries and examines accuracy of data.
2. Assists in the supervision of the accounts payable cycle including review of daily processing and assists in vendor investigation.
3. Assists in the supervision of the revenue cycle, including review if daily processing and assists in customer/patient inquiries and collection issues.
4. Assists in the supervision of the payroll cycle.
5. Assists in maintaining the general ledger in terms of established procedures prepares or oversees the preparation of supporting schedules and analyses from the general and subsidiary ledgers, reconciles bank statements and cash accounts to the general ledger.
6. Performs various account analyses and reconciliations reflecting variations in costs and revenue.
7. Organizes and oversees the posting of journal entries for expense accruals and other adjustments based on analysis of various data.
8. Monitors expense reporting and payments; ensures proper use of account numbers and cost codes according to the Chart of Accounts.
9. Interacts with internal and external auditors and provides information and access to accounting records as required.
10. Assists in the implementation of policies and procedures for accounting and finance functions.
11. Participates in self and hospital’s quality improvement plan preferred.
12. Follows all related hospital policies and procedures.
13. Participates in self and others education, training and development as applicable.
14. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Administrative Sciences major in Accounting or other related discipline is required.
One (1) year of related experience with Master’s Degree or three (3) years of related experience with Bachelor’s Degree required.
– Computer literacy required.
– English proficiency required.
– Saudi national preferred.