Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner
Reporting To: Human Resource Manager
1-PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Human Resources Department in Egypt is responsible for providing an effective, efficient, and proactive Human Resource function to the managers and employees in Cairo Customer Support Centres. The Human Resource Business Partner will provide guidance and support on Human Resource best practice acting as the first point of contact and Business Partner for line managers on all HR related issues.
Is an active Business partner to her/his departments and guides and advices, on request or pro-actively, on personnel or HR-related topics.
• Thinks along with the Operational management and delivers effective and pragmatic HR added value in the attempt to make things easier, not more complicated.
• Supports her/his department in answering questions of management and employees with regards to employment procedures including; – Absence Management – Performance Management – Discipline and Grievance issues – Employee Legislation – Employee Relations – Human Resources Planning – Human Resources Policies and Procedures – Compensation & Benefits
• Functions as the gatekeeper of (legal) processes.
• Takes appropriate action when procedures are not followed.
• Attends weekly/monthly operations meeting with designated Operations teams and provides support on HR-related issues.
• Participates actively in Operational events such as MBRs, QBRs.
• Delivers the Induction presentation day; SYKES’ HR induction for new hires.
• Is the record keeper regarding HR relevant data such as attrition, absence& sickness.
• Connects with other departments such as OMD to assure the accuracy of HR data.
• Analyses HR data tracking trends and connecting with relevant parties for action planning.
• Aligns actions and outputs with HR colleagues, making sure the HR department functions as 1 team instead of different individuals.
• Updates and maintains HR Information System and administers official paperwork such as contracts and documents, tracks and ensures completion and filing in the employee’s personnel file.
• Is able to lead investigations and judges objectively.
• Participates in HR projects such as GESS, Retention projects, and contributes actively enhancing customer satisfaction and reducing attrition.
• Controls the annual review process of employees of his/her department, sets up necessary sheets, sends the guidelines to management, keeps track of the whole process, and follows up with management where necessary.
• Follows up on absenteeism and all the HR-related information
• Composes professional correspondences and the necessary paperwork in correct English
3-PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL EXCELLENCE
• Has a sound knowledge of HR-related issues
• Has updated knowledge of local laws (Labor Law, Social Security,..etc)
• Has good MS Office skills, perfect Excel skills
• Has formulated and/or updated policies and processes.
• Strong Team Player
• Portrays a professional image
• Pays good attention to details
• Higher/further educational qualification or equivalent
• HR background preferably with legal expertise
5-Experience (number of years and type of experience)
• At least 2-4 years’ experience in a similar position or in an HR Generalist Role in a similar fast-paced environment – working in a Contact Centre is a plus.
6-Technical or specific skills (e.g. technical, computer)
• Speaks and writes Arabic and English perfectly
• Knowledge of the Egyptian social legislation
• Proficient with spreadsheet and word processing software
Employees are required to maintain compliance with SYKES`s safety, security, and privacy programs. Responsible for being an active participant in the SYKES safety, security, and privacy programs to protect SYKES’ business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all SYKES’ employees.
SYKES is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company’s policies. Employees are encouraged to observe the highest standards of professionalism at all times and are expected to adhere to SYKES`s policies on ethics and integrity.