Posting Date Feb 03, 2021
Job Number 21009997
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Dubai Area Office, Central Park Towers Level 12, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management
· Effectively maintains the operation of the Accounting department to execute finance and accounting responsibilities for the Continent office. Provides strong technical expertise and direction to support the Continent Leadership Team on day to day basis by ensuring compliance with Global and Local Operating Procedures (GSOPs and LSOPs).
· Candidate Profile
· Minimum of 3 years within accountancy role.
§ Arithmetic Computation
§ Computer Skills
§ Team Work
§ Interpersonal Skills
§ English Language Proficiency
§ Form, Report, and Log Completion
§ Detail Orientation
§ Time Management
General Finance and Accounting
§ Microsoft Office
§ Knowledge of Peoplesoft is an advantage but not essential.
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Strong organization skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to use standard software applications technology-savvy
· Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
· Effective decision-making skills
· Effective influence skills
· Effective change management skills
· Strong customer and associate relation skills
· Knowledge of overall hotel operations
Education or Certification
· Accounting Qualification or Studying towards an Accounting qualification.
· High school diploma/ exams
Financial & Accounting Management
· Advises Chief Accountant/Director of Finance on existing and evolving financial issues
· Maintains a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets improve operations.
· Ensure that Accounts Payable and Expenses entered into Peoplesoft on a timely basis.
· Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs )
· Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
· Leverages technology and effectively uses information systems and tools to generate financial reports.
· Ensures that the P&L is accurate (i.e., costs are properly matched to costs and are recorded in the proper accounts)
· Perform monthly reconciliation of the Balance sheet accounts
· Provides assistance in preparation of the payroll
· Review’s Expense Form’s and measures compliance vs company. MIP 44.
· Statements are delivered to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
· Effectively leverages centralized accounting processes via OFB and Marriott Business Services.
· Ensures Continent, permits, licenses and if applicable vendor contracts are current.
· Reviews audit issues and makes corrections as necessary.
· Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Accountant, Assistant Director of Finance and Director of Finance to meet business needs.
· System knowledge of Peoplesoft is an advantage but not essential.
· Microsoft Excel Proficient
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.