ByrneLooby is an international consulting engineering practice. We work with our clients to deliver value solutions for challenging projects across Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. We realise that our clients need much more than engineering designs – they need functional solutions that deliver value. We are passionate about engineering and always strive to optimise solutions for clients.
We have worked with contractors and construction professionals for many years and we understand the importance of delivering solutions that are buildable, simplify construction and consider all construction stages. Our solutions consider construction costs, construction sequence and programme. Our team of engineers is aware of the importance of being reliable and responsive when working with the construction team to deliver a project.
Our team has a wealth of experience and they provide reliable advice. Our team has the ability to diagnose complex situations and provide remediation or alternative solutions. We also have many years’ experience carrying out complex numerical analyses and doing back analysis and investigation work. Our team can provide expert advice and support on challenging projects from inception to completion and decommissioning.
Skills & Knowledge
- Review of Inspector’s Daily Reports.
- Preparation of Engineer’s Daily Diary.
- General oversight of Inspector’s daily activities including works assignments, on-site performance and guidance on the supervision of the Contractor’s operations.
- Review and check of Contractor’s inspection, surveying and testing requests and subsequently completed reports.
- Review and check of the Contractor’s Shop Drawings as delegated by the Resident Engineer / Asst. Resident Engineer (RE/ARE).
- Site Safety monitoring wherein the monitoring activities, meeting, reviews, safety violations, rectification measures and accident reports are included in the Monthly Progress Report.
- Maintain all file records on designated forms. These records include all reports on the workforce, equipment, progress, safety, etc.
- Monitoring the performance of the survey party.
- Review & check the Contractor’s proposed materials and methods as delegated by the RE/ARE.
- Preparation of meeting minutes as delegated by the RE/ARE.
- Coordination with Contractor’s supervisory personnel regarding schedule, sequence and method of work.
- Monitoring conformance with the Contractor’s schedule.
- Continuous Field Inspections of the work in progress and consultation with both the RE/ARE and Contractor’s supervisory staff.
- Preparation of written and oral reports to the RE/ARE on contractual and procedural matters.
- Review and check of as-built drawings, in coordination with inspectors and surveyors as directed by RE/ARE.
- Review and check the Contractor’s RFI.
- Draft and originate Punch List.
- Assist Resident Engineer in reviewing/modifying Method Statements & ITPs.
- Conduct weekly meetings with inspectors.
- Preparing Daily & Monthly reports for Clients.
- Assist Review and ensuring the proposed methods of construction, materials, etc. are in accordance with good engineering practice and do not endanger the safety of the Project.
- Supervise site activities to ensure that the required construction standards and specifications are met.
- Record the progress of the works against the current program and record any variances and inform the RE/ARE of such variances.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver port and coastal construction projects.
- Assist Resident Engineer / Assistant Resident Engineer (RE)/ (ARE) in reviewing designs, drawings, construction methodologies, test results, risk assessments and any other documents on behalf of the Resident Engineer in accordance with local and international (BS and EU) standards and practices.
- Shall have an excellent understanding of BS/EU codes, marine-related guidelines and standards (BS6349, PIANC, CIRIA, etc.).
- Liaison with Site supervision team, Contractor, Client & Other stakeholders as advised
- Accountable for daily inspections, ensuring that the works are progressing in accordance with the approved design drawings, design standards, program, Specification and Contract.
- Accountable for maintaining records of all tasks performed.
- Prepare clear and concise reports.
- Manage procedures and systems for accurate record keeping and claim management.
- Monitor the chosen construction methodologies applied on site for compliance with relevant Client and local health and safety legislation.
- Direct Experience in working on marine construction sites including engagement with multiple stakeholders.
- Detailed experience of fulfilling duties required by the Safety Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations.
- Expected daily activity split includes 70% construction and quality assurance/control supervision,30% Design review & reporting.
- Ensure compliance with ByrneLooby’s Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Min 5-10 years’ experience having worked in consultancy, and site supervisory roles (marine experience is preferable)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Diploma in Civil/HND or equivalent
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Experience of working in the GCC – particularly in UAE, KSA and Bahrain
- Proficient in English, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Auto CADD and QS software.
- Proficient in MS Office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.